Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lately...

10 to 1.

Because it is needed.



Homie,
You need more faith in yourself.
I can't carry you on the bridge of my wings
When doubt is heavy on your back.
Fly like you were meant to.





I saw you today and I was jealous.
Yes I admit it.
I was jealous.




I really want to borrow money from you.
But I don't want to pay it back.
And I'm not a fan of asking.





I have the biggest budding crush on you

Its unhealthy
Makes me feel annoying
And will not end well.
A girl can hope though, right?



I don't know how to be

Who I am now
Around you.
You reduce me to a girl of 16
Not a woman of shaking knees
With 19 years upon the crown of her head.
I don't want to talk to you.






I don't know how to stay mad at you.
I don't want to stay mad at you.
I don't want to be treated this way.
I won't.




I wish you were still alive
To tell me the stories of my heritage.
I'm sure they were beautiful.
Rain dance beautiful.





When are you going to want me like you should?
Any day now?
Ever?
I should quit now.
It's not like if I left
You would notice.






I've never been able to walk backwards
Maybe that's why I always feel your arms
From behind.
I left you in my past years.
What makes you think
You are bold enough
To stay in my new year?






I've already done this.
I don't need to learn this lesson twice.
Yeah you're a totally different guy
But the message is the same.
The actions are the same.
That's why I don't call you.



*Venting over*


No comments:

Post a Comment