Monday, June 28, 2010

Here We Go.

Ten to One time.

*insert round of applause*

Yayyy!

-____-


It's beginning to be very hard to stay bitter.
Maybe I've outgrown the negative.
Maybe it's just time to move on.
Yeah.
I can move on.
But he won't.




Your eyes are
The most intriguing
Confusing
Devious things I have ever gazed into.
You leave me feeling uneasy.
What are you really saying
When you look at me?
I don't think it's anything good.






I'm getting past the need for your approval.






I love you.
You annoy the living shit out of me.
I love you.
When you are in my house, do things my way.
You annoy the living shit out of me.
I love you.






I'm attracted to you.
Your body is amazing.
You are a girl.
Not a woman.
A girl.
There's something wrong here.







You align stars,
I try to decode constellations.
There has to be a stronger word to describe you
Stronger than beautiful.
And what's a stronger word
For the imposing fear I feel?
Are we just circles?





I ignored your call last night.
Last minute.
I had to make a choice.
I chose to text you instead.
No response.





I went to your graduation because I love you
I love our friendship
Truth is
It killed me to see what I missed out on.






I have no idea why you are trying to inch yourself back into my life
For what purpose?
Aren't we different people now?
I can never be that girl you met that summer.
She's buried.
I'm newborn.
What do we have to talk about?







I'm breaking rules here.

Because this is a ten to one.
Ten different things
You wish you could say
To ten different people.
I'm featuring you here again.
Do you believe in Never Say Nevers?





*Now it's showertime. And time to work on a freewrite I wrote before.
Haven't written a poem in a while.
Trying to branch off into different themes.
Trying to keep my identity stitched between line breaks
And word phrasing
And overused metaphors.
Maybe...
It's time I try something new?*

No comments:

Post a Comment