Monday, June 7, 2010

July 7th Second Freewrite


Today

I loved like graves and gravel


Heartbeats


Their silhouette splattered across shit and soil


He went digging.


Made me a crude effigy

Of half-hearted eulogies


And blew farewells that went sailing


In Brooklyn's stale air.


Each beat


Was in tune


With the raspy silence of a funeral.


He went digging.


Past the broken shards of my window opened ribcage

He unlocked the fingertips that glued my secrets together

He tore at the weak adhesive of my words

While I broke bread with the dusted bones

Of the woman I was before him.

Digging.

He buried me below sea level


I could feel his disgust behind

The chipped white of my chattering teeth


He couldn't feel the remorse beneath


The quivering wrinkles of my lifelines.


A funeral.

A watery grave

I felt his silence


Swimming in my eyelids


His absence

Gripping onto my lashes


Like erased love letters

Like a thief's forgotten tear drops


Like messages chopped, bodied and bottled


In apathetic seas.


The ocean doesn't care who it enters


It entered my lungs


Tickled the bubbles of my breath


I was choking on apologies.


Your lips are life jackets


Jerking away from me


In another world

3 Feet above the surface


Away from me. No wonder


I stopped struggling.


No wonder
I stopped swimming.

I'm sorrys

Just don't float

As easy


As they used to.

(feels like its missing something. thoughts?)

No comments:

Post a Comment