Sunday, September 19, 2010

Full Circle.


I remember the Fall with you.


Walks splintered into my stopwatch of a schedule.


Stanzas squeezed into the streaming of my pulse.


You held my hand once.



You remember?


I remember laying in the park with you.



Hesitation fed by petty grass stains.


This was before I wanted to untie the soul



You secretly twisted in your tongue.


It was simple then.


When I was still too afraid to be hopeful.



When I molded you out of



The freshest dirt in my day dream.


Before I got hit with a heart


Full of quaking bricks.



I remember your breath before the sunset.


The way a smile used to taste on you.


The way the sun winked at the hardened glass


In your eyes.


Back when I liked your eyes best.



When I didn't mind them being quiet


And safe.



I remember my frostbitten breathing.


Watching windows


And accepting the fog to them.



I remember the tears in the train station.


I remember your phone number.


I remember all the sweet words flexed away from me


The alcohol swished in your system


The truth you spilled because of it.


It's September again.


I remember the poisoned peace you never owed me.


The lead I still carry in my rib cage.


The way it weighs me down when I flit forward.


I remember silly poems.


And late night phone conversations.


I remember how you bit too hard


How I never had the guts to tell you.


And I keep wondering


If it was really that easy for you to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment